Pages......

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Melaka : I conquered you ~

22 & 23 September


This was my first time visiting Melaka. In reality, I haven't been visiting much places around Malaysia even my own state, Perak. I have only been to Taiping, Pangkor Island and Lumut once or twice. Other than Tronoh, Batu Gajah and my very own hometown Ipoh, I hadn't visited other places in Perak. Me, Yee Jie and Kai Xian took bus to Melaka from Negeri Sembilan which was around 1hour and 30 minutes trip. We first arrived at Melaka Sentral and was lost in direction, in terms of places to visit. We decided to call our friend, Lin Kiat whom resides in Melaka.

We first visited Mahkota Parade before Lin Kiat come fetching us to Globallion Hotel, Melaka to overnight. Lin Kiat's dad paid for the full hotel fees for us. ^^

We visited Mahkota Parade in the morning, but this was taken at night =)

With Lin Kiat around, he became our tour guide and bought us around Melaka. After checking into our hotel rooms, we took a short rest before heading out for a special dinner at:
T-Bowl Restaurant. It looks like a kopitiam but everything inside is toilet based! Cool!

 Things that I ordered for my dinner, yummy! Everything was toilet based! ^^

Right after our tremendous dinner, we headed to Dataran Pahlawan, another gigantic shopping complex in Melaka:
Dataran Pahlawan and the night view of Melaka. We even viewed the whole Melaka from a very great height. The scene was trilling!

This concludes our 22nd September night in Melaka.

Early on 23rd September in Melaka, we went swimming! The water was very cold, chilling and freezing. We were shivering and trembling inside the water. It was my first time swimming in the morning in those freezing water, insane!

 I will never try to swim again in the morning! I catch a cold after that :P

After swimming and cleaning up ourselves, we went out to have our breakfast, Dim Sum. It was very worth because I ate a lot and the food there is very nice. I couldn't remember the shop name. Before leaving Melaka,we headed to Jonker Street:

 Enjoying Dim Sum in Melaka

 Around Jonker Street. Kampung Ketek is inside Jonker Street!

After purchasing various souvenirs and handcrafts, we headed to the famous Red Stadhuys Building and Kota A Famosa:

 A beautiful windmill opposite the Red Stadhuys Building

 This plane was used for war and travelling long ago. Now it's for display beside the Red Stadhuys Building

 
 emo~
 together-gether emo!
 taken by some tourists from China who asked us to pose like this.
 yay! Kota A Famosa!
 LOL!

 It was very hot that day, we decided to stop by at a Chicken Riceball Restaurant to have our lunch:

Chicken Riceball which can only be found in Melaka and not Ipoh!

That sums up my trip in Melaka with me, Kai Xian, Yee Jie and Lin Kiat heading different directions back home. I went to KL to visit Cheng Zheng before I go back home. :)

No comments: