Pages......

Friday, June 29, 2012

SEDEX30 Family Day

18th June 2012

SEDEX30 is back and we had family day as usual to strengthen the bonds between committees and HICOMs. Committees get to know each other, play games, have fun and know respective jobscopes of each department.

From being:
EDX27 - Committee of Secretariat Department
SEDEX28 - Head of Secretariat Department
SEDEX29 - Event Manager + Special Task Committee

Finally, my last ovation in SEDEX30 would be Project Director. I am indeed very fortunate to become the Project Director of SEDEX30, it's like my wish was granted. From a small little committee to today's position isn't like a piece of cake. Lot's of hard work had been put in and I could say it was partially based on a little of luck too.

Hereby, I would like to share some of my greatest memories in EDX/SEDEX before becoming Project Director in SEDEX30

EDX27 - Engineering Design Exhibition 27 was the 27th time it was held in UTP since establishing in 1998. As usual, I went to committee recruitment interviews and actually had a hard time on deciding which department to enter. Finally, I made up my mind to enter Secretariat Department and was chosen by Jian Hao, the Head of Department at that time. During department meeting, I get to strengthen up relationships with seniors such as Robert, Irene, Ruth and Wan Fang, whom all of them teach me a lot of things and guide me all the way through until EDX27 ends. EDX27 in Secretariat Department was indeed very fun and I actually decided to continue in EDX28 as Secretariat Committee again.

SEDEX28 - EDX has changed it's name and rebranded into Science and Engineering Design Exhibition by our Chairman - Mr Zamri. Before the event even started, I was shocked that none of my seniors decided to remain in Secretariat Department and thus I was selected as the Head of Secretariat Department after being interviewed by the Event Manager of SEDEX28, Yvonne. Throughout the whole SEDEX28 was truly amazing, I was instructed to invite Primary and Secondary schools around Tronoh and Batu Gajah and in the end, I managed to get 4 primary schools which is a good start. All the jobscopes of Secretariat Department was successfully and efficiently completed with the help of my 7 wonderful committees, Charles, Pui San, Eevon, Woei Luen, Ching, Irene and Lin Kiat.

SEDEX29 - I again decided to continue in SEDEX but this time i was selected as the Event Manager but the position name was changed into Special Task Committee. However, I'm still in charge of Event Division which only comprise of Event Management Protocol, Secretariat and Prizes and Sponsorship Department. Other than managing these departments, my primary jobscope was to invite schools around Perak, Kedah and Penang to participate in SEDEX29. After weeks of hardwork and visitation with my ambassadors and Fedawin, I managed to get 29 teams from schools all around to participate, which was actually a tremendous achievement.

SEDEX30  - Rumors were heard that the top 2 position - Project Director and Assistant Project Director will be taken over by staffs. If it was actually in this case, I did not plan to continue in SEDEX30. However, later did I find out that there was some miscommunication between the previous chairman Mr Zamri and higher authorities. For the new chairman of SEDEX30, Dr Dennis Ling was selected and I took up the Project Director position, which was actually my dream once when I was in EDX27. Without realizing time passes so fast, I have been in EDX/SEDEX for the 4th time. Let's hope SEDEX30 goes on smoothly and history is once made again.

Photo to be put into my Nametag of SEDEX30

Me and Chun Liang - Both of us were the Head of respective Departments in SEDEX28. He did not join in SEDEX29 but decided to re-join in SEDEX30. Awesome Promotion and Publication HOD! but he choose to be AHOD this time.. =.='

Me and APD, Kanagesh

HICOMs - Secretary, APD, PD, Treasurer

No comments: