Pages......

Friday, January 4, 2013

4 Not-so-but-Still Awesome Things done in 2012

4th January 2013

Happy 201314 ♥ In other words, specifically in Mandarin, it means Love You Forever. Since, it is a meaningful date and my 2013 resolution is to gain as many blog posts as possible this year, I've planned another blog post this time.

My previous post, 6 Awesome Things done in 2012, here's part 2 of it. Nonetheless, I've decided to name this one as 4 Not-so-but-Still Awesome Things done in 2012, because I felt these things are less awesome compared to the ones I posted earlier, but they are still meaningful.

1. Special Task Committee for SEDEX29


SEDEX30 is the SEDEX edition I became Project Director, but in SEDEX29, I enjoyed doing the jobscope the most. My duty with my partner Fedawin is to invite as many schools to form teams to participate in this newly formed school category, Youth Inventor's Category in SEDEX29. I, myself handled the participation of this category before when it first started in SEDEX28, but only managed to get 4 primary school teams. Improvements shown when I managed to get 29 teams this time round from schools all around Perak, Kedah and Penang. No doubt, I've found this jobscope very interesting and fun as I get to visit various schools and giving talks to enthusiastic students whom are eager to join YIC in UTP.

2. Hiking in Bukit Larut


This is part of the activity that is compulsory for me to go. Bukit Larut is the camp venue for my Recreational and Adventure camping trip. It was also my first time visiting Taiping Zoo since a very young age, which I remembered, the very last time I went to Taiping Zoo, I had a very bad stomachache and had to leave early with my parents. Me and my friends went into Taiping Zoo at night as part of our activity. We had no choice but to choose the Night Safari package as the normal visiting package is only for daytime. During our hike in Taiping Zoo, we encountered a blackout! We were in the dark together with various animals. For a moment, I felt I was in a trilling adventure. Nevertheless, we found our way out of the zoo and soaked wet back to the camp after a heavy downpour. Next morning, we set up early to hike Bukit Larut. When we almost reached the top, the rope that we were supposed to grab went lose and some of us almost fall, but me and my friends managed to tighten to rope back and reached our destination.


3. Field Trip @ Silterra, Kulim


Nothing special, but worth remembering. EE's first field trip. Silterra is a microchip making industry. Some seniors told me before that we wouldn't have any field trip, but we make it! A field trip organized in conjunction of our course subject Analog Electronics 1

4. Field Trip @ Wisma Celcom, KL


Another Field Trip to Wisma Celcom, in conjunction with Communication System subject. Wisma Celcom is a telecommunication company and we get to witness how various signals are being sent and received. 2nd EE Field Trip!

No comments: